The Huawei P20 Pro is an excellent smartphone which can immediately attraction to any purchaser and you may need already bought the cellphone when you love the triple digital camera setup. While it’s acquired the perfect digital camera, nice battery life and inexpensive pricing, the cellphone has its justifiable share of flaws. Instead of going for a special gadget, you may really perceive all frequent Huawei P20 Pro points and their fixes. They are very simple to do and by means of the method, you can too perceive how Android’s restoration mode, manufacturing unit reset and different superior options work.
See additionally: Common Huawei P20 Issues and Their Fixes
Problem 1: The Phone Randomly Reboots with out you doing it
A smartphone that reboots by itself with out the person doing something will not be a shocking or a brand new problem. It has continued on completely different variations of Android and not so fortunately has been noticed a number of occasions on the P20 Pro as effectively. Based on the feedback left by completely different customers within the official Huawei boards, in dialogue threads and XDA Developers discussion board, it seems just like the cellphone reboots abruptly when they’re searching the online, their gallery app or randomly watching movies on YouTube.
There is not any set sample for this problem and when you spot it in your cellphone, strive a number of the strategies we’ve talked about under which ought to probably clear up your problem.
Method 1: Wipe the Cache Partition and Reboot Your Phone
- Hold the Power Key in your Huawei smartphone and await the choices to seem
- Select Power Off
- Once it’s switched off, maintain the Power and Volume Up keys collectively
- Hold them till the Huawei Logo seems in your cellphone and launch the ability button
- Keep holding the Volume Up till the Recovery Mode choices are displayed
- Scroll utilizing the quantity up/down keys and press energy button to wipe your cache partition clear
Method 2: Try Factory Reset if You Suspect an App has Been Causing the Rebooting Issue
People love to make use of smartphones to the core and they find yourself putting in a variety of new apps and video games by means of the months of utilizing the cellphone. If you might be one amongst them, it’s time to manufacturing unit reset your smartphone. A rogue app might have been rebooting your Huawei P20 Pro for no obvious cause. It’s very tough to seek out it with out going for a manufacturing unit reset which can delete all of your information together with name logs, SMS and native recordsdata.
Before you do a reset, ensure to avoid wasting your recordsdata on the cloud. You can backup pictures on Google Cloud, use apps like Evernote, LastPass and Google Drive to avoid wasting your recordsdata in numerous places. Local content material downloaded on Netflix, Spotify and related apps ought to be downloaded once more by means of a Wi-Fi community.
- Head to the Settings in your smartphone
- Find System and faucet on Reset
- Choose Factory Data Reset and settle for to Reset Phone
- It may take a few minutes and reboot
- Use your cellphone with out putting in any new apps and see if the rebooting problem persists
- If it doesn’t, the problem is with one of many apps which must be manually sorted out
The problem ought to largely be solved with the aforementioned steps but when it doesn’t, it’s likely a hardware problem. Consider visiting the Huawei buyer help middle and get your cellphone changed. Your mobile service supplier can assist you out with this course of.
Problem 2: Your P20 Pro Battery Drains Too Quickly
The Huawei cellphone boasts of the most effective battery life within the smartphone phase and not many units could make the identical declare. It is powered by a cool four,000 mAh battery which permits customers to make use of it for greater than a day. On reasonable utilization, you may even get it working for 2 days earlier than it is advisable to use the charger once more.
While it’s the energy of the cellphone, as a result of some software program points, some customers proceed to complain of their battery draining rapidly. It may very well be brought on by a lot of facets together with the kind of settings you utilize in your smartphone. Compared to most different units, it’s dependable but you may tweak it additional by following the information under.
Method 1: Use Power Saving Mode
- Open Settings in your cellphone
- Scroll to seek out the Battery choices
- Tap to open it and you’ll find an choice named Power Saving Mode and Ultra Power Saving Mode
- Switch them on and use your cellphone for a day or two
- The mode stops sure apps from draining your battery life and when you get extra out of it, you may hold it turned on all the time
Method 2: Make More Tweaks in Your Battery Settings
- Head to the Settings web page
- Open Security choices
- You will discover an choice named Screen Lock and Passwords
- Tap on Always show info and change it off to avoid wasting extra energy
- In the identical Settings web page, head to Battery
- Open App Launch and change off no matter characteristic you would, with the intention to enhance your total battery life
Method three: Reduce Your Display’s Resolution
Did it can save you a variety of battery energy by decreasing the show decision? The battery capability has significantly elevated prior to now few years that they’re fairly able to dealing with 1080p shows for a very long time. The larger resolutions comparable to QHD do have an effect on battery life. Among frequent Huawei P20 Pro points and their fixes, this is without doubt one of the greatest that customers generally miss out on.
- Tap to open the Settings web page in your gadget
- Keep scrolling till you discover the Display choice
- Open it and change the decision from FHD+ to HD+
- You can even select to make use of the Smart choice to routinely change between resolutions
- The change can enhance your battery life to a substantial extent
Problem three: The Microphone Doesn’t Work Properly During Phone Calls
The problem has not been prevalent among the many majority of customers however it does exist as heaps have complained in numerous remark sections. The microphone on the cellphone doesn’t work correctly at occasions that individuals report they’ll’t hear the individual when they’re talking on the Huawei P20 Pro. Similarly, it doesn’t report correctly when recording movies or throughout video calls.
Method 1: Bluetooth Connections or Headphone Adapters Can be Fixed with a Restart
For some cause, the smartphone producers have deserted three.5mm headphone jack and are shifting in the direction of USB Type C as the one port obtainable. When customers are pressured to make use of Bluetooth headphones or use an adapter to attach, the software program at occasions will get corrupted. Most modern-day headphones have a microphone and quantity management choices which might trigger this problem.
- Hold the ability button
- Tap on Restart and await the cellphone to load the OS once more
- If the microphone works completely after a restart, it’s extremely potential that an adapter or Bluetooth connection is inflicting the problem
Method 2: Disable or Uninstall Apps that Use Microphone
- Almost each app requests microphone entry and it’s excessive time you eliminate them
- Disable or take away app permissions within the Settings menu
- Open Apps and Notifications
- Open Permissions and disable microphone entry
- If it solves the issue, it may very well be brought on by a selected app and the updates launched by its developer
Problem four: Fast Charging Not Working as Intended
The quick charging characteristic on the P20 Pro is meant to cost the large battery in beneath 90 minutes however some customers have noticed that it doesn’t work as meant. It takes for much longer and you may repair it in a well timed method so that you simply don’t miss out on the guarantee interval if required.
Method 1: Check Your Cable and the Phone’s Physical Condition
- The official charger and the cable supplied by Huawei is a should to get essentially the most charging pace
- If your cellphone is stored in an hermetic location, it could slowly cost to keep away from overheating points
- Place your cellphone on an raw rice bowl which is understood to soak up extra moisture
- Check in case your cellphone has any bodily damages
- The remaining step could be to go to the help middle so as to get your cellphone changed if it nonetheless beneath guarantee and is a faulty piece
Problem 5: Touchscreen Issues, Performance Lag
Some customers have reported that their touchscreen will not be as responsive because it ought to. Sometimes, the cellphone slows down and wouldn’t reply to your touches. It may additionally trigger points when scrolling by means of Facebook feed or different apps the place the contact ought to instantly reply to your fingers.
Method 1: Change Smart Assistance
- Open Settings and Smart Assistance
- Switch off the Glove mode because it has been designed to tweak touchscreen efficiency when you find yourself sporting gloves
- Download the newest software program replace from Huawei
The most typical Huawei P20 Pro points and their fixes are simple which you can simply strive it by yourself. Restarting the cellphone and manufacturing unit resetting is the commonest resolution whereas Huawei is anticipated to roll out software program updates usually to cease battery draining and display lag points. If you might be positive that it’s a hardware problem, get your cellphone changed on the earliest from a certified service middle or your mobile service supplier.