If TouchWiz, the customized interface for Samsung flagship gadgets, crashes, you might get “sadly TouchWiz has stopped” error on Samsung Galaxy S5. The error message might happen as a result of of some third-party apps or if the firmware itself hangs for any motive.
See Also-How to Fix Frequent Freezing Issues in Samsung Galaxy S3
Possible fixes for “sadly TouchWiz has stopped” error on Samsung Galaxy
To repair this downside, the preliminary factor you ought to do is tender reset and the subsequent factor is booting your Galaxy S5 to Safe mode. If the “sadly TouchWiz has stopped” error on Samsung Galaxy S5 pops up for the first time, it might be a glitch in the TouchWiz system or in the firmware. A easy tender reset might repair this downside. To do that:
- Remove the battery from your Galaxy S5 when the cellphone is on.
- Press the Power button for minimal 30 seconds.
- Put the battery in the cellphone and place the again cowl.
- Turn your cellphone on.
The objective of tender reset is to refresh your cellphone’s reminiscence by draining the capacitors’ saved electrical energy.
See additionally: How to repair lagging challenge on Galaxy S5
If the tender reset does not remedy the downside, then you will have to boot your cellphone to Safe mode to see if a third-party app is inflicting this challenge. Booting your Galaxy S5 to Safe mode will disable the third-party apps quickly. If you see that the “sadly TouchWiz has stopped” error nonetheless persists in Safe mode, then the challenge is brought on by the core providers or one of the pre-installed apps.
You can change the Animation scale from developer choice and see if the issue is solved. To try this, head to Settings > Developer choice > Window Animation scale after which choose 5x to 5x. You can select any scale of your alternative. You can even attempt to change the animator length scale or Transition animation scale.
Try to dismiss the error message and open Settings. If you can attain to Settings, go to Home display mode > select Easy mode> Apply. It will refresh the display. But if the downside nonetheless persists, then go to Application Manager > faucet TouchWiz which you will discover below All tab. Clear its knowledge and cache to convey it again to its default settings.
However, if the downside nonetheless continues, then there is nothing to do different than wiping cache partition and performing a manufacturing facility reset.
Steps to wipe cache partition:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy cellphone.
- Now press the Power button, Home button and Volume Up button concurrently and maintain holding.
- Release the buttons when Samsung emblem with written “Recovery booting” seems on the prime of the display.
- You are actually on the android system restoration display.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition utilizing Volume down button after which use the Power button to verify your motion.
- A notification written in yellow might be proven to you that claims system cache has been eliminated.
- Now choose Reboot System Now utilizing Volume keys and hit the Power button to verify.
- Your Galaxy handset will reboot now.
Steps to carry out a manufacturing facility reset:
Before performing a manufacturing facility reset, don’t forget to backup your essential knowledge as this course of deletes all knowledge. There are a number of methods to create a backup of your cellphone. Follow the beneath steps to create a backup first.
- One of the very best choices is to utilize Samsung’s very personal Kies software program that we usually use to replace the software program of our Galaxy gadgets.
- The second strategy to create a backup of the system is with Google account. Head in direction of Settings> General> Backup & Reset and it’ll present two choices named as backup my knowledge and computerized restores. Ensure these choices are made on by ticking the checkbox subsequent to them and it’ll backup particulars like Wi-Fi password, app knowledge, Google settings and bookmarks robotically to Google server in order that they are often retrieved once more in case something fallacious occur with the system.
- Another helpful and best strategy to create a backup is utilizing Samsung account. For that go to utility> settings> User and backup> Account and test in case you are signed in along with your Samsung account. If the choice is made on, it’ll sync the contacts, calendar and web settings to the Samsung account.
Once you’re completed with the backup job, subsequent go forward with the manufacturing facility reset course of, right here is tips on how to carry out it in your Galaxy S5.
- Turn off your system first.
- Next, maintain down the Home, Power, and Volume Up buttons altogether for few seconds until Android emblem seems on the display.
- Release the buttons then. Use Volume down button for highlighting any choices and Power key to affirm it. So, spotlight the manufacturing facility reset choice and make sure it utilizing the facility button.
- Next, choose ‘delete all user data’ and make sure it.
- Wait for few seconds to see the ‘reboot system now’ choice and choose it. The cellphone might be restarted then and it’s good to set it up from scratch once more.